The Township Highway Department has jurisdiction over the unincorporated roads in the Township. We routinely perform the following:
- Cut grass and trim trees along Township roads.
- Plow and salt roadways as required.
- Re-ditch drainage trenches and install culverts along roads.
- Pothole maintenance, road resurfacing and signage.
- Assist with building and grounds maintenance at the Oak Forest, Senior/Youth centers and the Markham Administrative Center.
- Maintain and repair vehicles, trucks, heavy equipment and tools.
- Issue driveway/culvert permits.
- Assist residents as required.
Bremen Township works in conjunction with the Cook County Department of Transportation, County Commissioners and the Water Reclamation Department for a solution to rain water management in the unincorporated areas.