Individual and group sessions will be provided. Possible topics for group sessions include:
- Life skills
- Interactive social skills
- Stress reduction (meditation), self-worth, confidence building
- Impulse control
- Suicide prevention
- Anger management
- Sexual Abuse
- Substance use
- Leadership skills
- Body dysmorphia, eating disorders
Signs of depression
- Falling or staying asleep, or sleeping too much
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Frequently feeling sad, anxious, guilty, worthless, or hopeless
- Loss of interest or motivation in activities once enjoyed; trouble concentrating on activities
- Moving or talking slower
- More fidgety or restless
- Thoughts or mentions of suicide.
The first thing to do is visit your primary care provider to rule out a medical issue. If you are given an all clear, the next step may be psychotherapy and /or medication. For more information visit the National Institute of Mental Health at nimh.nih.gov. Please call us to schedule an appointment for individual therapy, 708-419-4100.
Programs beginning May 1st
Movie Mondays 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Super Heroes and the values we learn from them. Ages 12 and over.
Wacky Wednesdays 3:30 – 5:30pm
Games to improve self-esteem, decision-making, social skills. Ages + 10.
Teen Thursdays 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Open chill, teen support group. Ages +13-19.