Bremen Township is proud to support the Benefit Access Program which offers the following benefits for seniors and persons with disabilities:
- Seniors Ride Free Transit Benefit
- Persons with Disabilities Ride Free Transit Benefit
- Secretary of State License Plate Discount
Eligibility is determined by income, residency, age and/or disability utilizing an online application.
- 65 years of age or older before January 1 of the current year; or
- You must become 65 years of age this year; or
- You must be 16 years of age or older before January 1 of the current year and qualify as disabled
- You must live in Illinois at the time you file your application.
- Household containing one person – less than $33,562
- Household containing 2 persons – less than $44,533
- Household containing 3 or more persons – less than $55,500
Note: *you must include your spouse’s income if married and living together on December 31 of last year. If your spouse died last year, you would file as single and claim only your income.
To qualify as disabled, you must be at least 16 years of age prior to January 1 of the current year and be determined totally and permanently disabled (as defined by program requirements) prior to January 1 of the current year.
*TO BE DETERMINED ELIGIBLE FOR THESE BENEFITS, YOU MUST SUBMIT A BENEFIT ACCESS APPLICATION ON THE INTERNET. PAPER APPLICATIONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE.
PLEASE NOTE: PROCESSING TIMES TO DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY OF YOUR BENEFITS ACCESS APPLICATION MAY TAKE UP TO EIGHT WEEKS DEPENDING UPON REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION. YOU MAY CHECK APPLICATION STATUS 48 HOURS FOLLOWING SUBMISSION.
Once your application is approved you may print a certificate of eligibility to take to your local transit authority or Secretary of State’s Office. Please wait 2 business days from the date of your approval for your license plate discount to be available. Upon approval, Bremen Township will apply for your RTA Transit card. Please note that we will take your picture and upload your information.